Collaborating Docs Privacy & Cookies Policy
Scope of Policy
This Policy contains separate components with various rights and obligations – it may apply to you differently depending on factors such as where you are located or where you live. The Policy applies without limits to any individual or entity that access or uses our Sites (as defined in the Terms) or otherwise provides any personal information to Collaborating Docs. Each time you access and use the Collaborating Docs Sites, you represent and warrant that you are over eighteen (18) years old, and that you have the right, authority, and capacity to agree to be bound by this Policy. If you do not or cannot agree to these Terms, you are not permitted to access the Sites.
Information We Collect
Collaborating Docs collects the following:
- Personal or Business Information: Or “PI”, includes names, addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, social media handles or username(s), account information, passwords, date of birth, and any other content or information that you provide us via messages, emails, telephone, or video call(s), or via the Sites or to evaluate and explore potential business relationships.
- Payment Information: We may also collect banking, credit card and/or debit card information for transaction and billing purposes which includes cardholder transaction data and other information from your card such as account numbers, card number(s) and expiration date, CVV codes, the billing address to which you register the payment information, etc.
- Interactive Features: From time to time, we may invite you to participate in a survey, fill out a questionnaire or help us by giving us feedback and input on a new product or feature. We and others may collect and use the information you provide us, or we collect through these interactive features. This Policy does not apply to information you provide to us in a manner that is “public” – meaning it can be seen or accessed by third parties.
- Job Applicants: Any information you provide to us in reply to a job posting or application, whether posted on our Sites or a third-party site on behalf of Collaborating Docs.
- Technical Data and Information: We may collect information that is tied to you as a user (i.e. – mobile service or internet service provider), location information (i.e. – GPS location, actual or derived IP address, MAC ID or UDID) and information collected from your or your vendor servers (i.e. – http headers, operating system, language settings) and information on your internet browsing history and the way(s) in which you interact with your Sites.
- Other: We also collect information that is anonymous and/or cannot be tied back to you because it has been collected in the aggregate.
How We Collect Information
We collect your information in many ways, including but not limited to:
- Forms you complete in person, on one of our Sites or a third-party website, including surveys, quizzes and reviews, and any information collected via our servers.
- Messages sent via cell phone (i.e. – SMS), or a data-based service such as email or a social media based messaging service.
- Telephone and/or video calls independent of who initiated the same.
- Third-party social media sites (i.e. – Facebook) or via advertisements on third party sites
- In person meetings collected at a Collaborating Docs event.
- Small text files called “cookies” which are placed on your computer, single pixel GIF image files called “web beacons” and other technological means including pixels with unique identifiers placed on our Sites or in our HTML-based email newsletters.
How We Use the Information We Collect
You agree and understand that we reserve the right to rent, sell, share, transmit your information with third parties at our sole discretion. Collaborating Docs may use or share your information to provide you with access to, and manage your use of, our Services and/or Sites, to provide you with customized information regarding our services, for sale or payment processing and for direct or indirect account management, marketing message and advertising purposes (including advertorial content sponsored by third party retailers or businesses). If applicable, we may add your contact information to our databases to receive emails, newsletters, mail or SMS Messages regarding our Sites or Services.
We may also use the information we collect to improve our Sites, for statistical purposes, to detect and prevent security incidents, to enforce our agreements and policies, in relation to a sale or merger of our business, to comply with our audit, legal and/or regulatory obligations, to comply with a judicial order of appropriate jurisdiction or we may release information to law enforcement or other governmental officials, to account for any malicious or illegal activity, including prosecuting those responsible for the same.
- US Based Users – Do Not Track Requests – Collaborating Docs does not currently respond to such requests, but this may change in the future.
- Minors Under the Age of 18 – In accordance with the Terms, by interacting with our Sites you represent and warrant that you are over eighteen (18) years old, and that you have the right, authority, and capacity to agree to be bound by this Policy. We do not knowingly collect or retain information from minors under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly use any such information for marketing or advertising purposes whether directly or indirectly. If you are under 13 years of age, we ask that you do not submit any personal information to us.
- California Residents: This Policy applies to all those who interact with our Sites or use or Services, including California residents. If you would like to make a request under California Civil Code Section 1798.83 or obtain a copy of our data policy for California job candidates, you can send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Nevada Residents: This Policy applies to all those who interact with our Sites or use or Services, including Nevada residents. If you would like to make an opt-out request under Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A you can send an email to: email@example.com which includes your name and the email address to which your request applies.
- Non-US Users: Our Sites and Services are not intended or directed to EU Users. If you are not based in the United States (“US”), please be noticed that the information we may collect about you is and will be subject to US laws (except for applicable mandatory provisions) and that such laws may be different and provide different protections that the laws of your home country.
We value your privacy. If you want to opt-out of our marketing and advertising lists you can send us an email message with a subject line of “OPT-OUT” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions about this Policy, you can contact us via email to:
Or, by mail to:
PO Box 101043
Arlington, Virginia, 22210
Attn: Legal Department